- Kilcoole Vets
- Full-Time, Permanent
- Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow
- €34,500 DOE
Kilcoole Vets are looking for a registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team.
Kilcoole Vets is a progressive, 100% Small Animal, First Opinion Practice located in the beachside village of Kilcoole in County Wicklow. The practice is located 1 hour outside of Dublin and is close to both Dublin Bus and DART services.
Our close-knit team strives to offer the best care possible to all our patients. We have all the equipment required to offer our gold standard veterinary services including ultrasound, therapeutic laser, in-house laboratory, multiparameter anaesthesia monitoring and dental x-ray.
Our fantastic team consists of 3 vets and 2 nurses. As a practice, we are constantly evolving and we strongly encourage professional development, with 1 cert holder and 2 others working towards certs. Every member of staff is equally valued, and we work as a team to create the best possible environment for our staff and clients alike.
This is a full-time position, however the rota can be flexible. Ideally 4-5 days per week, 1 in 3 Saturdays (9-2). No OOH.
Your responsibilities would include: nurse clinics, post-op checks, emergency triage, inpatient care, surgical nursing, lab work, general upkeep of hospital and cattery
Salary: up to €34,500 dependent on experience
We are seeking a qualified Veterinary Nurse who is registered or eligible to register with the Veterinary Council of Ireland.
Experience preferred but not essential as support and training will be provided.
Benefits – Subject to Pro Rata
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our staff, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive salary, you will also benefit from:
Work Life Balance
- 22 Days Annual Leave
- Birthday Leave
Focus on Employee Wellbeing
- Paid Maternity Leave Package
- Paid Paternity Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Full access to EAP and Wellbeing Centre
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Company Sick Pay
- €600 annual CPD allowance with 3 days paid CPD pro rata
- Funding of any Certificates / Diplomas / PhD’s you may want to pursue
- Career Progression Opportunities, both clinical and non-clinical
- Dedicated CARE fund – annual contribution of €1,100 from IVC Evidensia for each Vet to use on a case of your choice to ensure successful outcome with your patient (T&C’s apply)
- VCI membership paid
- VDS cover paid
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Pawesome Benefits - reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with hundreds of retailers
- Employer Pension Contributions
- Free Flu Inoculations
- Discounted Veterinary Fees
- Opportunity to join company programmes (LGBTQ+, Wellbeing Champions, Nurses Committee, Clinical Board and many more)
As a BAME and LGBTQIA+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Any questions before applying?
Speak to Eadaoin Redmond from our recruitment team who would be happy to help you with any questions you have before applying for this role.
Eadaoin Redmond RVN
+353 (0) 86 176 2210